[Nfb-seniors] seminar at convention

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Mon May 31 16:07:34 UTC 2010

Below is an announcement that will be of interest to seniors who are new to blindness or who have not had the opportunity to learn about the alternatives to vision.  Read on and consider coming to Dallas!

Seniors  have the chance to participate in a seminar Saturday in Dallas from 9:30 to 2:30.  This seminar will fill up fast, so consider the following information and act accordingly.

Members of the Senior Division will teach basic cane travel, introduction to Braille, learning about new devices, and tools and techniques for working in the kitchen.  In addition, all participants will have the opportunity to get aquainted with both blind people who have mastered the techniques of blindness and those who are now making the adjustment.

There is no charge for the seminar, but participants will need to pay for their own lunch, probably about five dollars.  We will invite a balance group from the recommendations we receive, choosing from as many states as possible.  We are excited to be able to offer this opportunity for the first time at a national convention.  You may wish to take some of the ideas back home and pass them along to even more seniors who are losing sight.

Whether or not seniors participate in the Seminar, all are welcome to come to the Seniors annual meeting Monday, July 5.

To apply for this seminar you should notify Judy Sanders at the following e-maill address:

Jsanders.nfb at comcast.net

Or call 612-375-1625.