[Nfb-seniors] sad news

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Wed Mar 16 03:13:20 UTC 2011

It is with regret that I tell you of the death of Andy Virden of Minnesota.

Last Friday night, Andy was walking home and was struck by a car and killed instantly.

Andy was a member of the NFB since 1951 and attended many national conventions.  Those who attend our senior meetings will remember that Andy had strong opinions on advocating for all blind people.  He believed that we should work hard to educate the general public about our capabilities and he was a good friend to the seniors in his community.

We will miss him and he will never be forgotten.

Judy Sanders