[Nfb-seniors] Craft Project Ideas Needed

Blindhands at aol.com Blindhands at aol.com
Thu Oct 10 23:29:00 UTC 2013

You need to approach this with an open mind.  Not all our projects are
fine work.  We are having a basic macramay class in November.  We  are having a
beginner's basket class next week using half inche reed for most of  it, in
November we will do basket ornaments using a thinner reed.  We do  have
jewelry classes  using fine string/wire and beads, but we will have a  project
on the first Monday of November  creating candy onto a wire brass  ring to
make candy wreaths.  You can use string or yarn to tie the candy  that is
covered  like tootsie rolls, Jolley Ranchers, carmel candy  so  you have a
range of things to use.

We even have beads that you put on different size safety pins and make
delightful things that you push lights in it and now it is lit up.  We just
finished 2 Jack O Lanters.  The kit was made up by our teacher, she put the
colored beads into plastic bags and labeled them in Braille with color and
size  labeled.  The class was taught over the phone and we put battery tea
lights  in it.  Now her kit made 2 pumpkins 6 to 8 inches in size  She taught
the class, sent everyone an email with the directions in itand she charged
$15  for the kit that made 2 pumpkins.

I enjoy doing the safety pin creations as these beads a bigger to  handle.

Come and check us out.

Joyce  Kane
Blindhands at AOL.com

In a message dated 10/10/2013 6:25:09 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,