[Nfb-seniors] listening to conference calls

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Mon May 12 12:36:25 UTC 2014

Hello Senior's - I am glad I was able to join the original calls and think the information that has been shared is so very valuable. Ensuring that we, as blind senior's, understand the importance of ensuring that our finances are well  under our control and how we go about it was an excellent first topic for the conference calls. Unfortunately many senior's who are either losing their vision or who may have always dependent on someone else, like a spouse,  for ensuring bills are paid, etc, must be encouraged to take responsibility for their money...far too often, someone offers help who shouldn't be given the trust with this major area of our lives... also, found Fatose's topic of the impact of your blindness to family and friends, very insightful.  This loss of vision has such a wide impact on all those around us and how we move forward has a lot to do what how we either help those around us move forward as well or that we choose to move forward though many may not view us  as ready/capable.  I would really find further discussion via this e-mail option, as one that would have ongoing benefit to all of us. I honestly find most senior's experiencing the full joy of living, having had contact with NFB  members who have incorporated the positive philosophy in their every day  lives. We have both a lot to offer those going through the vision loss and a new way to spreading the message of capability, independence and fostering a full productive life. Hope to hear from others...so glad the division is providing this wonderful opportunity. Dianne Hemphill - Kansas
encourage each other to continue our sharing of