[Nfb-seniors] Hello all! I'm a new member of the BlindSenior list!

Dianne Hemphill diannehemphill at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 00:44:47 UTC 2014

Hello everyone, this is Dianne from Kansas - this is right in the middle of the US. How exciting to see this will be somewhat international. I am enjoying reading on what you're doing with your day...I retired about 7 years ago and have explored a number of areas of real enjoyment including some beginners pottery, painting and bead jewelry making. I also like to work out at the local recreation center and have made many friends there and hopefully help them better understand the capabilities of the blind. I also enjoy reading braille and listening to talking books.  I have RP and have somewhat  more than light perception. My husband  and I of 43 years love to travel the world, visit with our 3 daughters and their families which includes 7 grand children...it really would have been  easier to start with the grandchildren - as they say! I look forward to getting acquainted with everyone via this opportunity. Dianne Hemphill