[Nfb-seniors] Please post announcement of 2nd nationwide senior conference call. Thank you. Ruth Sager

Ruth Sager RSager at BISM.org
Mon Mar 9 19:18:15 UTC 2015

2nd conference call for 2015

Yes. This time the conference call will take place, Wednesday, march 11, 2015 with a moderator,  Ms. Shelley Kopel.

The time is the standard 4:00 eds, 3:00 central, 2:00 Mountain and 1:00 Pacific times with the same numbers:

712-432-1500

Access code:

759633pound.

I am delighted that several of you were on your own call as I gave the incorrect date, however, you had your own conversation about Braille.  Way to go Federationists!

Shellley Kopel has a master's degree as a teacher of the blind, TVI, and has taught in Nebraska for several years, at the Commission for the Blind and more recently at the Colorado center for the Blind.  She currently resides in South Carolina and is the fabulous secretary for the  National Federation of the Blind Senior Division.  She reports:
"This afforded me the opportunity, in those early days especially, to teach blind individuals skills, and at the same time, really feel confident within myself to accomplish what I was telling others they could do. I have met so many wonderful people through the National Federation of the Blind who have helped to shaped my opportunities and ultimate belief in myself."  Shelley willingly passes her knowledge and skill on to others.  Please join her as she moderates this all-important conference call Braille-Can I truly learn it as a senior?
 "This afforded me the opportunity, in those early days especially, to teach blind individuals skills, and at knowledge and skill on to others.  Please join her as she moderates this all-important conference call Braille-Can I truly learn it as a senior?

Ruth Sager,
President,
NFB Senior Division

Ruth Sager
Coordinator, Senior Services
Rehabilitation Division
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
3345 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21227
Office:  410-737-2649
Fax:  410-737-2689
www.bism.org<http://www.bism.org>

[cid:image001.png at 01D03BBB.7BF8F220]

SAVE THE DATE--August 20, 2015 POSSIBILITIES FAIR for Seniors Losing Vision Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
3345 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21227 Recommended for Low Vision & Blind Seniors 55 +
For more info, contact: Andy McIver, amciver at bism.org, 410-737-2648
Ruth Sager, rsager at bism.org, 410-737-2649 Shirley Riffle, sriffle at bism.org, 410-737-2645