[Nfb-seniors] 3rd nationwide conference call for 2015

Ruth Sager RSager at BISM.org
Tue Mar 24 20:24:05 UTC 2015

Please post the following announcement

April conference call

The national Federation of the Blind Senior Division sponsors the 3rd nationwide conference call for 2015

Wednesday, April 8, 2015
OrganizingPaperwork-keeping track of banking, labeling, sorting and filing necessary documents
Moderator, Ruth Sager, president NFB Senior Division

Ruth Sager coordinates senior programs for Blind industries and Services of Maryland, (BISM) and serves as president of the NFB Senior Division.

For the past twenty-five plus years she has taught cane travel and Independent living to adults, youth and seniors at the Louisiana center for the Blind and at Blind Industries (BISM).  She has teamed with her staff to create a DVD "Life Enhancement, Independent Living for Seniors, to demonstrate techniques and offer practical advice to seniors losing vision.  She has directed workshops and held senior retreats for the past sixteen years in Maryland.

Call numbers are:

712-432-1500

Access code:

759633 then pound.

Time of calls:

4:00pm.  Edst
3:00 Central,

2:00 Mountain,

1:00 Pacific time.

The call will last approximately one hour.  Please remember after checking in to put your phone on "mute" mode by pressing star 6.  When you wish to speak, press star 6 once again and you will be released from this mode.  After commenting or asking your question, please go back to mute mode with another star 6.

If using a speaker phone, also, please use star 6 so we don't hear background noise of running water, banging cupboards and dishes which is very distracting to other listeners on the call.  You may not think that these sounds are picked up, however, they are.

If you do need to move about the room you might also wait until after the call and then go back and listen to the playback version or download from your computer.

The playback number is:

712-432-1202 and then use the access code

759633.  You will then be asked for a reference number.  We will inform you what this will be but it could be 8 if we go in sequence as we have been doing.  This way you can listen to the call and not disturb others when you have other things to attend to during the time of the call.

Please share this information with friends and colleagues you know who may find this topic of special interest

I look forward to speaking with you and hearing your comments and questions on Wednesday, April 8, 2015.

Best Regards,

Ruth Sager

Ruth Sager
Coordinator, Senior Services
Rehabilitation Division
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
3345 Washington Boulevard
Baltimore, MD 21227
Office:  410-737-2649
Fax:  410-737-2689
www.bism.org<http://www.bism.org>

[cid:image001.png at 01D03BBB.7BF8F220]

SAVE THE DATE--August 20, 2015 POSSIBILITIES FAIR for Seniors Losing Vision Blind Industries and Services of Maryland (BISM)
3345 Washington Blvd., Baltimore, MD 21227 Recommended for Low Vision & Blind Seniors 55 +
For more info, contact: Andy McIver, amciver at bism.org, 410-737-2648
Ruth Sager, rsager at bism.org, 410-737-2649 Shirley Riffle, sriffle at bism.org, 410-737-2645