[Nfb-seniors] NFBN Senior Division June Phone Meeting - Monday June 12th - all welcomed

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 11:11:30 UTC 2017

Hi you all

RE: Notice of our June meeting!

(Visitors are welcome)

Contents of this message:

*When and how to get on the call

*Agenda

*Minutes from our last meeting - pasted below

*The NFB Pledge

*#1 When and How to Get On the Call:

Date: Monday June 12th

Time: 6:00 MT, 7:00 CT

Phone: 1-712-451-0011

Access Code: 345154Pound

*#2 Agenda:

-First- Come-to-order, say our NFB pledge (Cheryl for this month)

-Second- secretary & treasurers Reports Will be discussed and approved
and/or accepted

--OLD BUSINESS:

-Membership- do make calls to past members who have not joined us during
recent meetings. And/or think of someone new to call and invite to join us
for this or next month's meeting.

-Any new ideas for finding people who need us?

-Anything you may bring

--NEW BUSINESS:

-Anything you may bring

*#3 Philosophical Discussion: We will have a special guest, Jamie Richey,
the NFBN Newsline Coordinator. Let us learn more about this great service!

--Finally- Brags & Drags

--Adjournment

*#4 NFB Pledge:

 I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.

**Last months minutes:

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND OF NEBRASKA SENIOR DIVISION MEETING MINUTES

Monday, May 8, 2017

The NFBN Senior Division met by telephone conference on Monday, May 8, 2017.
President Robert Newman called the meeting to order at 7:09 PM CDT. Members
present were: Robert Newman, President; Barbara Loos, Vice President; Linda
Mentink, Secretary; Cheryl Livingston, Treasurer; Nancy Oltman, Board
Member; Chris Boone, Gina Finnell, Walt Hively, Brad Loos, and Steve
Senteney. Guests were: Janet Coleman, Melvin Forster, Ellen Ringlein, and
Gerri Whitlow.

Ellen Ringlein, manager of our Independence Market, was our guest speaker.
She told us about herself, and then talked about the Independence Market.

Nancy recited the NFB Pledge.

Linda read the April minutes. Geralyn was misspelled twice, and the
information about the bequest was incorrect. Cheryl moved, Barbara seconded,
that the minutes be approved as corrected. The motion carried.

Cheryl gave three treasurer's reports. The reason her initial March report
didn't have any activity is because she read the report on the same day that
the PAC was taken out. She decided that, unless something is going on with
the PAC, she is going to deduct it from our account because she knows it's
going to come out anyway. She corrected her March report to reflect an
ending balance of $816.53, deducting the $15. The only expense in April was
$15, so our ending balance April 10 was $801.53. The only expense in May was
again $15, so our ending balance May 8 is $786.53. Barbara moved, Nancy
seconded, that we accept the whole lot. The motion carried.

Robert asked Gerri, a potential new member, to tell us a little about
herself. She is from Kearney. Due to infection caused by a congenital
disease which runs in the family, she lost her left eye in 2010, and her
right eye in May of 2015. She used to be a nurse, was in the army in
Virginia for nine years, and is now retired. She is a client of the
Commission, and is learning a different way to live.

Cheryl will recite the NFB Pledge next month.

Robert will ask Jamie Richey, our state Newsline coordinator, to come on
next month and talk about NFB Newsline. Robert asked, but no one had any
ideas for future topics.

BRAGS AND DRAGS. Cheryl's drag is that she is battling mice in her house.

Chris that their cat hid her three kittens underneath the hopper in a
combine.

Barbara's son John broke his hand, and last week her daughter Marcia went
into the hospital with gall stones.

Brad mentioned that a guy ran a red light, and ran into Emma's car, totaling
it. She was not seriously injured.

Cheryl moved, Nancy seconded, that we adjourn. We did so at 8:38 PM.

Respectfully submitted,

Linda Mentink, Secretary