[Nfb-seniors] When is the next national call.

Janie Degenshein jdegen16 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 2 17:30:03 UTC 2017

Here it is for you:

NATION WIDE CONFERENCE CALL DISCUSSIONS

The national federation of the Blind senior Division is proud to spotlight
topics of vital interest to those losing vision later in life by hosting
conference calls to address specific issues; monitored by active members of
the NFB. this page will explain how it works, gives a listing of upcoming
calls, and provides two choices of how to listen to past recordings.

UPCOMING SCHEDULE 2017:

.COMPLETED: Thursday, March 23, 2017, Art Schriber will moderate, how The
Blind Consumer, Interacting with Hospital and Emergency Room Professionals
While Receiving Medical Care with confidence.

Click here to listen using your computer

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 18,
followed by the Pound Key.

.Completed: Thursday, April 13, 2017 Diane McGeorge with Duncan Larsen will
moderate Live The Life You Want: Be A Senior In Charge of Your Destiny.

Click here to listen using your computer

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 20,
followed by the Pound Key.

.Completed: Thursday, May 18, 2017 Wayne Marshall with his colleagues from
the Senior Support Group at the Colorado Center for the Blind will continue
the discussion of independence, Seniors In Charge: Cane Travel, Blindness
Training Essential Elements To Attain Newfound Independence.

Click here to listen using your computer

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 21,
followed by the Pound Key.

.Thursday, June 15, 2017 Shelley Copel will moderate a discussion with
fellow South Carolinians who have taken correspondence courses from Hadley
to obtain nonvisual skills, What Options Do I Have To Learn Needed Skills
>From Sources Other Than My State Agency?

How it works:

A notice of these calls will be sent to our division's listserve, and to all
members that we have an email address for.

If you join us for a call, please take note of the following information and
our request of all participants:

Time of Calls: 4:00Eastern standard time; 3:00 Central time; 2:00 Mountain
time; 1:00 Pacific time

Conference call numbers: Dial 712-432-1500 - Access code: 759633pound

All calls are recorded, available to be listened to, and directions for
accessing them is further down on this page.

OUR REQUEST OF YOU: In order to obtain the best possible sound for these
calls, it is recommended that each caller, after dialing in, press star 6
which puts you in a mute mode. You will be able to hear everything during
the call but background noise from your location will not disturb others
listening in on the conversation. When you wish to speak and enter the
discussion, press star 6 once again and you will be released from the mute
mode and able to participate.

Also, it is highly recommended of all participants, that each person wishing
to speak, state his or her name, and wait for the monitor to recognize you
before speaking. We can have too many people trying to seek the floor at one
time and chaos can occur. The monitors will do their very best to recognize
as many callers as possible however, they will determine the order in which
speakers have the floor.

When finished with your comments, press star 6 once again to go back into
the mute mode, to facilitate better, uncluttered communication for everyone.

Listening to recordings of past conferences:

there are two options for listening to a past recording:

#1 Listen from this page, via your computer: There is a link listen to this
recording" associated with each past conference listed below. Click on that
link and your computer will find the recording, giving you the option to
OPEN or SAVE the file. Choose to OPEN it. Your computer's media-player will
then start up and play the recording for you.

#2 Listen By telephone: It is possible to use your telephone to dial into
where recorded copies of our phone conferences are stored. Note- these
recordings are copies of the original raw recordings, the trimmed and
polished versions are the copies that can be listened to from this page, as
described above in option #1 and accessed from the links below. Dial: (712)
432-1202. You will reach, Free Conference Call Dot Com. At the prompt, punch
in the following access code- 759633. You will next be asked for the
reference number for the recording you wish to listen to. Each past recorded
conference listed below will give you the required reference number.

RECORDINGS AVAILABLE 2016:

.Wednesday, June 08th, 2016: Let's Keep Writing and ... Publishing and
More - monitored by Chelsea Cook, First Vice President of the NFB Writers'
Division.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 17,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.Wednesday, May 11th, 2016: So How Do You Do The Little Things In Life After
Vision Loss Occurs - monitored by Ruth Sager, MD.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 16,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.Wednesday, April 13, 2016: Churchgoing, making Everyone More Comfortable
with Our Blindness - monitored by Tom Anderson, President of the National
Association of the Blind in Communities of Faith, KS.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 15,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer
.March 17, 2016: Losing Vision and Adapting to Life's Changes - monitored by
Shelley Copel, SC.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 14,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

2015 Available Conference Call Recordings:

.June 10th- Topic: Getting About- Leisure Time, dining out, movies, museums,
enjoying favorite pastime activities - monitored by Shelley Copel.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 12,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.May 13th- Topic: Pursuing favorite hobbies and crafts - monitored by
Marguerite Woods.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 11,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.April 08th- Topic: Paperwork- Keeping track of banking, labeling, sorting
and filing necessary documents - monitored by Ruth Sager.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 10,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.March 11th- Topic: Braille- Can I learn Braille as a senior - monitored by
Shelley Copel.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 8,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.February 24th- Topic: Cane Travel- Can I truly be an efficient cane user as
a senior if I've never learned before - monitored by Jeff Altman, and
Maurice Peret.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 7,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

2014 Conference Call Schedule and Available Recordings:

.June 4th- Topic: Cooking by Touch - monitored by Jennifer Wenzel.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 4,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.May 8th- Topic: Blindness: A Family Dynamic - monitored by Fatos Floyd.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 3,
followed by the Pound Key.

Click here to listen using your computer

.May 1st- Topic: Financial Management After Blindness - monitored by Robert
Burns, attorney and financial advisor.

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch the
dial-in number given above, and when asked for the reference code, press 2,
followed by the Pound Key.
Click here to listen using your computer

Home Page