[Nfb-seniors] THE NOT-SO-SILENT AUCTION IS BACK

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Thu Jun 8 20:23:23 UTC 2017

In no time at all the nation’s blind will be gathering in Orlando, Florida for the annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind. An important part of the convention will be the meeting of the NFB Seniors Division.

And the most fun part of that meeting is the “NOT-SO-SILENT AUCTION. Here’s how it works and how you can help!

Registration for the division meeting will open at 12:30 on July 12. Anyone bringing a donation for the auction should come at that time.

The first round of bidding will begin at 1:00 p.m. This is when everyone is invited to come back to the auction table, examine the items, and make your initial bids. Bidding will continue for thirty minutes. When our meeting comes to order, we will check on the status of all the bids. Some of the items will be closed out and the winners can pay for and receive their goods. Some of the items will become a part of the more traditional auction where the whole audience can bid on things sold throughout the meeting. All proceeds are given to the treasury of the Seniors Division.

How can you help?

Make a donation to be sold. We are looking for gift cards that are valued at least $25. If you are not going to convention you can contact me to arrange a way to get the item to Florida.

Come and bid! We hope to have an array of gift cards from restaurant and national chains. There may even be some food or wine.

If you want to advertise what you are giving please share with this list. If you have questions or want to let me know about your donation please e-mail me, Judy Sanders, at

jsanders.nfb at comcast.net

I hope to see many of you in Orlando!

Judy Sanders

---