[Nfb-seniors] NFBN Nebraska Senior Division - November Phone Meeting - Monday Nov. 13th - Featuring a Special Guest

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Thu Nov 2 01:33:27 UTC 2017

Hi you all

RE: Notice of our November meeting!

(Visitors are welcome)

Contents of this message:

*When and how to get on the call

*Agenda

*Minutes from our last meeting; Coming Soon!

*The NFB Pledge

*#1 When and How to Get On the Call:

Date: Monday November 13th

Time: 6:00 MT, 7:00 CT

Phone: 1-712-451-0011

Access Code: 345154Pound

*#2 Agenda:

-First- Come-to-order, say our NFB pledge (Robert will present our pledge)

-Second- Our special guest speaker presents- Julie Johnson on: how dog
guides work; how to train your own dog guide; talk about the book she wrote
on the subject of training your own dog as a guide; tell us about her eStore
in the "Blind Mice Mega Mall;" talk to us on how she has managed  herself as
a blind person who has had several careers; and though more, one thing I'd
like to hear is .  your thoughts on the pluses and/or minuses of being blind
and living in a smaller community where there may be from none, to only a
few other blind people?

-Third- secretary & treasurers Reports Will be given

--OLD BUSINESS:

-Membership- do make calls to past members who have not joined us during
recent meetings. And/or think of someone new to call and invite to join us
for this or next month's meeting.

-Any new ideas for finding people who need us?

-Anything you may bring

--NEW BUSINESS:

-Any special requests for upcoming meetings?

-Anything you may bring

--Finally- Brags & Drags

--Adjournment

*#4 NFB Pledge:

 I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National

Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security for
the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation; and to
abide by its constitution.