[Nfb-seniors] Microsoft Partners With Be My Eyes to Offer Specialized Help to its Blind and Low Vision customers Via Live Video Chat

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 14:36:08 UTC 2018

This may be of super good help!

Microsoft Partners With Be My Eyes to Offer Specialized Help to its Blind
and Low Vision customers Via Live Video Chat

By AppleVis | February 21, 2018

Be My Eyes, the popular iOS and Android app that connects blind and low
vision users with sighted volunteers for assistance via live video chat, has
today launched an exciting new feature for users needing specialized or
technical help.

Following today's update to the Be My Eyes app, users will find a new menu
option on the app's main screen titled "Specialized Help".

In its announcement of this new feature
<https://www.bemyeyes.com/newsroom/introducing-specialized-help>  Be My Eyes
stated that this is a response to the growing number of technology-related
requests to volunteers.

Be My Eyes has taken careful note of these kinds of calls and wondered if
representatives from the given company itself would be best suited to assist
in these scenarios. Contacting customer support through email or by phone
isn't always ideal. Direct communication with a business's customer support
agent could be a vision-friendly alternative and less time consuming for
users. If someone from the company could see the issue in real time, issues
with their products or service could be resolved more efficiently.

The first company to partner with Be My Eyes is Microsoft
<https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/accessibility/2018/02/21/microsoft-joins-b
e-my-eyes-app/> :

Microsoft is the first company to be highlighted in Specialized Help,
offering Be My Eyes customers a direct connection to receive technical
assistance from the Disability Answer Desk, a free consumer service for
Microsoft's customers with disabilities.

The app will work the same, connecting customers through video; but instead
of reaching out to volunteers, customers will work directly with a member of
the Microsoft Disability Answer Desk to get support on questions about their
Microsoft product or service.

Read More:
<https://www.applevis.com/blog/assistive-technology-ios-apps-news/microsoft-
partners-be-my-eyes-offer-specialized-help-its> "Microsoft Partners With Be