[Nfb-seniors] Listening to past conference calls - here is how to do it

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 19:41:10 UTC 2018

Ruth and Fellow Seniors

RE: Listening to past conference calls, there are two ways to accomplish
this:

Below is the text from our conference call page found on our Division's
website. Take a read to learn how to listen to past phone conferences; plus
how to get on, and how we all can make these calls work best for us.

Note; depending upon how you have your email configured, below there will be
live links that will actually allow you to download or listen to the
recordings via your computer. Plus, also below, there will be instructions
on how to use your phone to access any one or all recordings.

NATION WIDE CONFERENCE CALL DISCUSSIONS

The national federation of the Blind seniors Division is proud to spotlight
topics of vital interest to those losing vision later in life by hosting
conference calls to address specific issues; moderated by active members of
the NFB. This page will explain how it works, gives a listing of upcoming
calls, and provides two choices of how to listen to past recordings.

How it works:

A notice of these calls will be sent to our division's listserv, and to all
members that we have an email address for.

If you join us for a call, please take note of the following information and
our request of all participants:

Time of Calls: 4:00Eastern standard time; 3:00 Central time; 2:00 Mountain
time; 1:00 Pacific time

Conference call numbers: Dial 1-515-603-3166 - Access code: 759633pound

All calls are recorded, available to be listened to, and directions for
accessing them is further down on this page.

OUR REQUEST OF YOU: In order to obtain the best possible sound for these
calls, it is recommended that each caller, after dialing in, input star 6
which puts you in a mute mode. You will be able to hear everything during
the call but background noise from your location will not disturb others
listening in on the conversation. When you wish to speak and enter the
discussion, input star 6 once again and you will be released from the mute
mode and able to participate.

Also, it is highly recommended of all participants, that each person wishing
to speak, state his or her name, and wait for the moderator to recognize you
before speaking. We can have too many people trying to seek the floor at one
time and chaos can occur. The moderator will do their very best to recognize
as many callers as possible however, they will determine the order in which
speakers have the floor.

When finished with your comments, input star 6 once again to go back into
the mute mode, to facilitate better, uncluttered communication for everyone.

Listening to recordings of past conferences:

There are two options for listening to a past recording:

#1 Listen from this page using your computer: There is a link "listen to
this recording" associated with each past conference listed below. Click on
that link and your computer will give you the following two options: OPEN or
SAVE the file. If you want to listen to it, choose to OPEN it; your
computer's media-player will come up and play the recording. If you choose
the save option, you then can download the MP3 file on to your computer to
be played later. Plus, you would have the option to give it to a friend or
family member to listen to.

#2 Listen By telephone: It is possible to use your telephone to dial into
where recorded copies of our phone conferences are stored; on the
FreeconferenceCall.com company site. these recordings are the original raw
copies. The trimmed and polished versions are only found here on our site,
available as described above in option #1.

Here is the procedure for this option: Dial- 1(515) 604-1466. You will
reach, Free Conference Call Dot Com. At the prompt, punch in the following
access code- 759633Pound. After the welcome message by the system, you will
be ask to input the reference number for the recording you wish to listen
to, followed by the POUND key; each past recorded conference listed below
will give you its required reference number. Or, to listen to the most
recent recording, just press the POUND key.

2018 SCHEDULE AND RECORDINGS:

*	March 22- Downsizing-Transitioning to a new home: When to move?
Where to move? What to take- moderated by Art Schriber and Dian McGeorge.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2018%2003%20Downsizing%20Transitioning
.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
25, followed by the Pound Key.

*	Note- The rest of 2018 schedule is coming!!!

2017 RECORDINGS:

*	Thursday, March 23, 2017, Art Schriber moderated, how The Blind
Consumer can, Interact with Hospital and Emergency Room Professionals with
confidence.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2017%2003%20artSchriber.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
18, followed by the Pound Key.

*	April 13- Live The Life You Want: Be A Senior In Charge of Your
Destiny- moderated by Diane McGeorge and Duncan Larsen.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2017%2004%20DianeDuncan.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
20, followed by the Pound Key.

*	May 18- Independence, Seniors In Charge, continued: Cane Travel,
Blindness Training Essential Elements To Attain Newfound Independence-
moderated by Wayne Marshall with his colleagues from the Senior Support
Group at the Colorado Center for the Blind.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2017%2005%20DianeDuncan2.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
21, followed by the Pound Key.

*	June 15- What Options Do I Have To Learn Needed Skills From Sources
Other Than My State Agency- moderated by Shelley Copel and fellow South
Carolinians who have taken correspondence courses from Hadley to obtain
nonvisual skills,

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2017%2006%20TrainingSources.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
22, followed by the Pound Key.

2016 RECORDINGS:

*	June 08th- Let's Keep Writing and ... Publishing and More -
moderated by Chelsea Cook, First Vice President of the NFB Writers'
Division.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2016%2006%2008%20writers'%20division.m
p3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
17, followed by the Pound Key.

*	May 11th- So How Do You Do The Little Things In Life After Vision
Loss Occurs - moderated by Ruth Sager, MD.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2016%2005%2011%20Little%20Things%20In%
20Life.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
16, followed by the Pound Key.

*	April 13- Churchgoing, making Everyone More Comfortable with Our
Blindness - moderated by Tom Anderson, President of the National Association
of the Blind in Communities of Faith, KS.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2016%2004%2013%20Churchgoing.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
15, followed by the Pound Key.

*	March 17- Losing Vision and Adapting to Life's Changes - moderated
by Shelley Copel, SC.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2016%2003%2016%20Adapting%20to%20Life%
20Changes.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
14, followed by the Pound Key.

2015 Recordings:

*	June 10th- Getting About- Leisure Time, dining out, movies, museums,
enjoying favorite pastime activities - moderated by Shelley Copel.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2015%2006%20Leisure%20Time.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
12, followed by the Pound Key.

*	May 13th- Pursuing favorite hobbies and crafts - moderated by
Marguerite Woods.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2015%2005%20Hobbies.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
11, followed by the Pound Key.

*	April 08th- Paperwork- Keeping track of banking, labeling, sorting
and filing necessary documents - moderated by Ruth Sager.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2015%2004%20Organizing%20Paperwork.mp3

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input
10, followed by the Pound Key.

*	March 11th- Braille- Can I learn Braille as a senior - moderated by
Shelley Copel.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2015%2003%20Learning%20Braille.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input 8,
followed by the Pound Key.

*	February 24th- Cane Travel- Can I truly be an efficient cane user as
a senior if I've never learned before - moderated by Jeff Altman, and
Maurice Peret.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2015%2002%20Cane%20Travel.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input 7,
followed by the Pound Key.

2014 RECORDINGS:

*	June 4th- Cooking by Touch - moderated by Jennifer Wenzel.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2014%2006%2004%20Cooking%20by%20Touch.
mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input 4,
followed by the Pound Key.

*	May 8th- Blindness: A Family Dynamic - moderated by Fatos Floyd.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2014%2005%2008%20A%20Family%20Dynamic.
mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input 3,
followed by the Pound Key.

*	May 01- Financial Management After Blindness - moderated by Robert
Burns, attorney and financial advisor.

Click here to listen using your computer
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\2014%2005%2001%20Financial%20Managemen
t%20After%20Blindness.mp3>

If you wish to listen to the conference over your telephone, punch in the
dial-in numbers given above, and when asked for the reference code, input 2,
followed by the Pound Key.

Home Page
<file:///I:\Senior%20Division\national%20senior%20division%20stuff\website%2
0Senior%20NFB%20stuff\current%20files\index.html>