[NFB-Seniors] Zoom Phone number - RE: Agenda for the 2020 Seniors division's Annual Business Meeting

Robert Leslie Newman robertleslienewman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 19:19:45 UTC 2020

Miss Angela

If in your message you are asking for the phone number to get into Zoom, it
is 301-715-8592

And Hey, here is the text of a message I sent to the list about dialing in
by phone; there are 7 phone numbers at the bottom of it, that can all get
you into the Zoom system. You'll also, again see the access code; this is
just like getting into FreeConferenceCall!

Hi You All
RE: Dialing-in to Zoom meetings

There has been questions, and concerns on how a person who does not use a
computer, or smart phone can dial into our convention with a land-line, or
cell phone. This is a short instructional document put together by two NFB
Seniors Division members, Judy Jones (doing the larger part), and Robert
Leslie Newman (helping some)

Dialing-in to our NFB Convention Zoom Meeting; by landline or cell phone

You dial in to Zoom, just as you would to the Free Conference Call we all
know and love; first putting in the phone number, then when the system asks
for it, put in the access code. Lastly, follow the prompt the auto attendant
will give you.

Note: I understand that Zoom has been making some updates to their site, so
dialing in has been acting a bit quirky, but works.

For next week:

When you want to join our meeting, or any other event, choose a phone number
from the below list. Then find the access code assigned to that meeting.
each meeting will have a different access code, just like the meetings at a
regular convention will have its own room number or location. The access
codes for each meeting are found in the convention agenda, or on the NFB
website - http://nfb.org

For example- here is the Seniors Division's agenda item as it appears in the
convention agenda, on Thursday, July 16th; all event times are based upon
Eastern Standard Time:

2:00 - 4:00 PM-SENIORS DIVISION BUSINESS MEETING
Zoom meeting ID: 965 7154 4008
Join us virtually this year to hear from retreat participants of their
experiences at Rocky Bottom, South Carolina. Learn about a research study
using a phone; update from Bookshare; find out what Federationists are doing
to aid seniors across the country; election of officers; and much more!
Ruth Sager, President

And so, with the above access number found in our agenda item, next choose
one of the following dial-in phone numbers to make your call.

The below list consists of seven valid Zoom numbers to choose from. Zoom is
used by so many people, that they have to have multiple access numbers in
order to carry the load. And so if one of them will not work to let you in,
then pick another one.
Note: the very first one in the list is the number that was used to attend
the Rookie Roundup this past Tuesday night!

301 715 8592 8592
669 900 6833
253 215 8782
833 302 1536
408 638 0968
646 876 9923
929 205 6099

Respectfully yours,
Robert Leslie Newman
NFBN Senior Division, President
NFB Seniors Division, Second Vice President
NFBN Omaha Chapter, Secretary