[nfb-talk] Future NFB Conventions

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Wed Nov 25 19:42:50 UTC 2009

True enough! This stems from at least two factors: First, the number of convention attendees has increased greatly, making it harder to find a single hotel that will hold a majority of them. In essence, we're too big for the smaller hotels and not quite big enough for the megahotels.

Second, despite the severe economic down-turn (or, perhaps, because of it), hotels have become far tougher to negotiate with than in days of yore, necessitating making of contracts farther out in order to get anything like the rates NFB members are used to.

Mike