[nfb-talk] Enough already!

Joshua Lester jlester8462 at students.pccua.edu
Tue Dec 14 04:30:17 UTC 2010

Mike, the Ibill is $100. The thing is about the size of one of those
giga-pets we had as kids. I would probably pay $20 for the Ibill.
That's reasonable, because of the size of it, (just my oppinion.)

On 12/13/10, Mike Freeman <k7uij at panix.com> wrote:
> Joshua:
>
> I think I'm going to surprise Ray with my response to you.  While I don't
> disagree with you, I guess I wonder what the problem is.  The iBill costs
> around a hundred bucks.  That's a little over ten packs of cigarettes, 25
> beers or frapacinos, 5 movie tickets ... you get the idea.  Put another way,
> it's extraordinary how much we sometimes complain about the cost of access
> tech even when the cost is reasonable when we hear narry a peep when we
> frivolously consume comestibles that we could perfectly-well do without in
> order to save up for it.
>
> On the other hand, I believe the government giving away of currency
> identifiers such as the iBill was part of a proposal to handle the currency
> matter from the Department of the Treasury.
>
> Mike

>>> dangerous. This is an extraordinary thing for an advocacy group to do.
>>> You
>>> don't see groups for people in wheelchairs fighting against ramps and
>>> curb
>>> cuts. So again, I have to wonder why there aren't more people on my side