[nfb-talk] DVS and Dish Network

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Tue Jan 12 16:25:22 UTC 2010

I have gotten my TV service thru Dish Network for about a decade. The remote has a specific button for description, which brings in the Second Audio Program. I especially appreciated the descriptions on PBS programs like NOVA, but a few years ago I stopped getting it. When I phone Channel 2 (WGBH) in Boston, the originator of Nova, they claim they send out the descriptions. when I phone Dish Network they say they do not receive it. I really depend on the description to make sense of the programming, and feel something should be done to get it on Dish Network. The technicians who answer the phone there do not seem to understand what is. Can we, the NFB, put some sort of pressure, citing the ADA, on Dish to get them to solve this problem?

I also used to get movies with DVS on Turner Classic Movies, but it has disappeared from there, too.

Thank you,
Ed Meskys