[nfb-talk] DVS and Dish Network

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 17:04:36 UTC 2010

Yeah I agree -- when I called Dish a few months back about this same issue,
I said the SAP and they said that stood for Spanish access program and they
had never heard of audio description.  I had to explain that the SAP could
carry spanish, but it also sometimes carried audio description for the
blind.  She was surprised and basically just said "sorry, we don't handle
that".

Which brings me to another point: what if there is also a spanish
translation program that the latino crowd want? And what if there are blind
hispanics that want audio description?
Seems the SAP needs to have multiple channels to choose from.
Now that's something I doubt would happen, but it is possible.

If the audio description is available I think Dish should definitely carry
it.  But someone should really check whether it is still being done for the
programs you listen to.

Is there a volunteer to lead a little action group to pressure Dish and
DirectTV and cable companies for that matter?

--le