[nfb-talk] money

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 29 18:56:56 UTC 2010

Last year and again this year at our National Convention the Treasurery gave us opportunities to test and comment on attempts to make money accessible. Unfortunately all opportunities were at the same times as other events with personally higher priorities. Could people who did make a presentation please comment?

Someone forwarded me a posting on the Accessible Devises list a summary of the Treasurery report, and I note they are looking at raised markings. When in Europe on vacation 20 years ago I did feel some European bank notes, and noted that the raised markings quickly flattened to unreadability. Has the treasurery come up with something better?

Personally, I do not carry paper money. At the National Convention, I brought $200 in gold dollar coins, and used them when I could not use a credit card.

Ed Meskys