[nfb-talk] Discrimination

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Aug 2 02:20:31 UTC 2011

Ashley:

I think we must be clear in our legal terminology. If full-body-scans are a
violation of our rights, they are a violation of *privacy* rights, not civil
rights as in Title VI of the civil rights Act of 1964. Like Larry, I don't
really care whether someone likes to perv by looking at my innards or
birthday suit -- if they are *that* deprived, they need an education.
(smirk)

That aside, I think that while your comment about TSA personnel ideally
neding training is true, we must bear in mind someone else's comment from
some time back in the discussion that in speaking with a supervisor at
United Airlines (it was called that back then), the supervisor said the
toughest problem was to get all 10,000 cabin attendants to obey the rules.

Mike