[nfb-talk] Making Our Homes Comfortable and Accessible to Blind Folks

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Mon Dec 19 14:33:47 UTC 2011

Hi List,
Another aspect in reference to lights out side the house is the house
number. The family members and friends will know the house by looking at
it but cab drivers and stranger may not know. Some of the cab driver and
paratransit drivers told me that the number on the house were not clear.
I asked my family members and they agreed. Having a specific marker is
good for such people. I also know the color of the house color of the
wicker chair on the porch and for myself a wind chime which I can hear
on a windy day.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.