[nfb-talk] walkers?

Ed Meskys edmeskys at roadrunner.com
Fri Dec 23 02:34:00 UTC 2011

About a dozen years ago I broke my heel, was in a cast, and chose a walker
over crutches. I never got the hang of the crutches. I did not do any real
independent travel, but was usually accompanied by my wife. I had my guide
dog on long leash, and my wife walked along side of me, sometimes with a
hand on the top of the walker. Once we were in a building walking quite
rapidly when she wanted me to turn. Without warning she pushed the walker to
the side, and I could not compensate fast enough and fell. Ed Meskys