[nfb-talk] TSA discrimination in Orlando

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 21:19:22 UTC 2011

You know, I heard recently that there is some talk being monitored among the
terrorist about actually surgically implanting a bomb inside a person's
body.  I have surgical hardware in some of my bones, and it always sets off
the metal detector, and I have even been patted down -- and that was before
9/11.  I had to pass them my purse and cane and even thought they were going
to get me out of my wheelchair, but they didn't.
Anyway, the point is that no one thought I was dangerous because of the
surgical hardware, but now for many people, that may change.
However, I did not question their right to momentarily take my cane.  It's a
safety precaution.  If anything it makes you more like the rest of the
population than if they let you take it through.
Off soapbox.
--le