[nfb-talk] Gently used N86 with K-nfb reader and latest copy of talks

TaraPrakash tarajnu at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 25 17:53:39 UTC 2011

Dear all.

Circumstances want me to part with my Nokia n86 which is gently used
and just one year old. It can be used with any gsm based provider,
TMobile, AT&T and so on. I am looking for $950 for it. The K-nfb
reader itself is worth $995 on Florida Reading website. For less than
that price, you are getting not only K-nfb reader but also almost
everything. Here is the description:

It comes with K-NFB reader which can be used to scan all kind of
text, including the informationals in your hotel room at the National
convention.

It comes with a licensed copy of the latest version of Talks software
that can be used to access all the applications on the phone. You can
even browse the net with it.

It comes with a Daisy to Go software which can be used to read all
kind of Daisy books, including Bookshare books. If you have mp3 files
for an audio book you can copy them to the phone and Daisy to Go
software will convert them to Daisy. You can even convert podcasts
and other such audio contents in to daisy. The difference between
using Daisy audio and standard audio on the phone is that you can
control the playback speed on daisy files. The software remembers
your place in the file and resumes playing from where you left listening.

Remember Nokia n86 has built in wifi and 3g capability. With its
podcast option you can subscribe and directly download podcasts on
your phone. Convert them to Daisy and listen to the files... All
without any computer involved.

Do you know Nokia n86 has a built in fm transmitter? So you can
listen to those audio files on your fm radio at home, or in the car.

For $10 extra, I will be happy to throw in my bluetooth headset. It
is a Motorola headset that has earpieces for both the ears. You could
be one of the lucky few reading news while brushing your teeth. NFB
news line sounds so much better on my bluetooth headset.

The phone also comes with a new AC wall charger, car charger and a
usb charger. You can use that usb charger as data cable to transfer
files and applications from computer to your phone; if you are not
comfortable using phone web browser for downloading stuff straight to
your phone.

I will also give an extra Nokia battery with this phone. Well, if you
start using the phone for everything, taking pictures, making videos,
scanning books and reading them, downloading audio books and
listening to them, you will run out of the charge pretty soon. The
extra battery will be handy.

Now did I mention that Nokia n86 has built in gps receiver? Did I
mention that Nokia gives free gps software and maps for Nokia n86?
All you need is the Ovi Maps application --- and you have all you
need to get fully mobile.

All of it for just $950!!!

For Greater Orlando chapter members, I can work on a payment plan as well.

The phone will be delivered by hand in Orlando between 1st and 10th
of July. I will be in Orlando for the national convention. If
Interested email me off list at

<mailto:taraprakash at gmail.com>taraprakash at gmail.com

Please leave a call back number in the email.

See you soon

Tara, the man