[nfb-talk] the new canes

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue Mar 22 16:48:40 UTC 2011

Fortunately, at least as of last year, you can still get fiberglass straight canes from the Iowa Department FOr the Blind. (As it happens, I like those better than the NFB fiberglass ones; they're more like the "old school" NFB fiberglass, and they feel a bit sturdier to me.) I, personally, prefer the fiberglass as well. I like that extra bit of give they have to them. The carbon fiber ones are, in my opinion, not the same; definitely more rigid, and nasty when they break.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY