[nfb-talk] Rehab center class question

Michael Freholm mfreholm at unbridledaccess.com
Fri Oct 14 12:11:51 UTC 2011

Friends,
I have been asked to help with some ideas for a class at our state rehab
center for the blind.  The class is called Blindness 101.  I have
encouraged them to emphasize acceptance of blindness, how to deal with
public misconceptions, etc.  From what I understand, this is similar to
the seminars at LCB.  If someone who works at one of our centers or has
attended one (or for that matter, it doesn't have to be one of our
centers but any training center that has a class like this and does it
well) can send me a course description and some ideas for the class I
would appreciate it.  They have been doing things like "how to take your
blood pressure and things like that but I am hoping they will take a
different approach.  Thanks for your help.
Best,
Michael Freholm