[nfb-talk] Des Moines Register About Iowa Goodwill Protest

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 03:11:56 UTC 2012

Loraine,

You are right. I didn't pay as much attention to the article as I probably
should have; I was just impressed that Iowa got some mention in the local
newspaper. However, I agree with you that their reporter did seem to take
Goodwill's side implicitly. If we look back at the NFB's history, I wouldn't
be surprised, as the Des Moines Register was the very paper which was
attacking Dr. Jernigan for many years because of his leadership role as
President of the Federation. See Chapter 6 of Walking Alone and Marching
Together. Those reporters probably are no longer there, but I wonder if the
newspaper still has some kind of dislike for the Federation and our
positions.

Chris