[nfb-talk] Some Job Questions...

Kerri Kosten kerrik2006 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 04:45:37 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone:

Thanks so much for all your responses!
Maybe I should give a little more details about my situation.
I have had two years of college previously. Last January, I graduated
from LCB. The problem with me is I have a very hard time motivating
myself. At LCB I thrived because I was always pushed and was held
accountable for everything. But, since I've graduated I've really
struggled with motivating myself, with my self-esteem, my
self-confidence, and thinking positively.
I am trying to turn my life around and so I figured I'd check the
classified ads in the newspaper every day and apply for jobs that seem
like simple jobs I could possibly do. I have also applied back to
school. I figured if I were to get one of these jobs I could just work
for a while, and if none of these jobs work out I could go back to
school.
I don't exactly know what I want to do;I just know doing nothing is
making me miserable and depressed.
I don't necessarily want to go into the food/restaurant business. I
just saw the ad for Panerra Bread and the pretzel place.
If I contact my business enterprise cafeteria will that prepare me for
a temporary job like I am looking for or will they expect me to
actually enter the food/restaurant business as a career?
Thanks,
Kerri