[nfb-talk] FW: I Did It Again!!!

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Apr 29 16:46:01 UTC 2014

Pete:

First, I don't buy it. I think the way math is taught these days is worse
for blind kids than when I was doing math in school fifty years ago.
Frankly, graphing calculators and the like are a huge wimp-out, both for
blind *and* sighted students. Moreover, it's harder to get decent diagram
descriptions for STEM materials these days. Yes, we may have more access to
the text of some books. But a fat lot of good that does us if one doesn't
get decent raised diagrams or verbal descriptions of diagrams.

Second, I fervently hope that NFB gets into your soul enough some day that
you get over your bitterness and preoccupation with the wrongs you think
"the system" has done you in the past.

Cheers!

Mike Freeman