[nfb-talk] a sincere appology, and a possible discrimination case.

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Sun Aug 17 20:18:09 UTC 2014

Mike, I provided this information to him yesterday with the exact ADA
provision that covers public accommodation access.  The issue here is
actually two-fold in that was the request reasonable, and was the response
appropriate.  As most realize, the intention of the ADA is to  remove the
barrier that exists, and sometimes, a little self-advocacy goes a long way.
It's not always appropriate for someone to step-in and take care of
something like this for someone, when the more appropriate method is to
teach one how to be their own best advocate.  If he uses the information I
provided him, he can most certainly use me as a reference to assist, but we
as dog guide and other service dog handlers really need to know our rights,
what to do and what not to do when we face such situations, and how to
address them in a timely and appropriate manner.  Michael, I am in La
Crosse, so if you get a chance, drop me an email at blinddog3 at charter.net
and we can discuss the next steps to resolving this.
Steve