[nfb-talk] Where the Senate Health Care Bill Fails

Loren Wakefield theweird1 at mediacombb.net
Tue Jun 27 06:26:45 UTC 2017

Well done and said, Marianne.

Loren

-----Original Message-----
From: nfb-talk [mailto:nfb-talk-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Marianne
Haas via nfb-talk
Sent: Monday, June 26, 2017 2:37 PM
To: 'NFB Talk Mailing List'
Cc: Marianne Haas
Subject: Re: [nfb-talk] Where the Senate Health Care Bill Fails

Good Morning Listers,
My name is Marianne.  I did something different about the health care bill.
I actually wrote an email to Vice President Pence reminding him of his words
about taking care of the most vulnerable in this society.  It may come to
Pence being the deciding vote.  So, I asked him to vote no on the bill and
to advocate for people with disabilities to get Medicaid.  However, I also
let him know that many disabled people would like nothing better than to
work in competitive jobs instead of getting SSI and Medicaid.  I gave him
some suggestions of things to help those so called most vulnerable.  I, for
instance suggested that companies hiring disabled people should get a huge
tax break.  I also suggested that websites companies use should be made
accessible to screen readers.

So, I understand if people do not think this method of fighting for what we
want is effective.  However, this is what I did and will do in the future.
I will also talk to people in churches to talk about what taking care of the
most vulnerable means.

Marianne