[NFB-Talk] audible downloading books

mike at michaelhingson.com mike at michaelhingson.com
Tue Aug 4 03:43:47 UTC 2020

Bob,

First, the app in the Microsoft store is not accessible. I was told this by
Audible and then I tried it myself and found it as inaccessible as Audible
support told me it was. Audible is/has created an "accessible app" called
Audible Sync which is available within Audible. However, when one downloads
and runs it, when asked to login you get stuck in a loop, known by Audible,
and from which you cannot escape without totally closing the program.

So, here we have again an example of Amazon/Audible trying to create
"separate but equal" which never works. Why the "developers" did not simply
make one inclusive program for all is beyond me. There is NO excuse for
this.

I tried Open Audible earlier this year and found that its ability to convert
to MP3 was not as good as I would like. I may try it again.

Best Regards,

Michael Hingson