[NFB-Talk] Dealing with Checks

Kaye Baker kaye.j.zimpher at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 19:55:07 UTC 2022

Hi,
In my personal life I deal with them as little as possible, but when there is a need, I  use my bank's bill pay feature.  They will write the check and even send it out to the company or person and it is normally with no charge. Even our affiliate treasurer uses this feature, and she is fully sighted.
As far as reading them when they come in I use Aira for a lot of that kind of stuff. I don't have anyone around that reads for me.  I try to limit what I ask of my friends that can see, but that is another topic for another day. Aira agents are trained for this type of task, ad most importantly, they are bonded.
I have never had an issue.
Seeing AI is also an app that can scan a check or written document and read it aloud.