[NFB-Talk] Blindness Apps on Planes

William Outman billoutmannfb at gmail.com
Sun Aug 6 17:01:17 UTC 2023

Good afternoon again.
First, you are correct to be concerned about connectivity. Voice Dream Scanner, now called VD Scan since the sale of the company, would work on the plane as it does its scanning internally to the phone. At least I think that’s still the case.
Aira and Be My Eyes would work while off the plane, as they need Internet connections, and a number of airports especially in North America are free access locations.
Some Seeing AI channels would operate on the plane and others would not. Short tex, color and light I elieve would function, but others may not without a connection. You can test them beforehand in airplane mode. That should get you started.
I’m not the expert on overseas connectivity, but some of the folks on the VIPhone list I mentioned would know, and I can get you the list info if you like.
Good luck on your trip.
Bill Outman

Sent from my iPhone