[NFB-Talk] Question about Airports for Convention

Norma Crosby ncrosby at nfbtx.org
Mon Feb 6 17:31:33 UTC 2023

Good morning everyone,

Just a couple of other quick notes. A Lyft, Uber, or taxi would cost less
from Hobby, and there are also a few American flights that go into Hobby.
Some airlines have somewhat lower fares than Southwest, but you might
consider the following things.

1.  The price charged by Southwest includes up to two checked bags.
2.  Many economy flights will include additional charges for checked
baggage, and that charge is each way. So you may find the fares
comparable after considering this cost.
3.  As noted earlier, Hobby is a more compact airport that is easier to
navigate.
4.  Bush Intercontinental Airport is currently undergoing some major
construction that includes closing the train that moves between terminals.
I don't know when the train will be up and running again, but it could be
an issue in some cases.

We look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Norma Crosby, President
National Federation of the Blind of Texas
1600 E Highway 6, Suite 215
Alvin, TX  77511
(281) 968-7733 (Main Office)
(281) 968-7158 (Fax)