[NFB-Talk] ENA UC Desktop Software to Use Like Phone on Computer

Mary Donahue braille at satx.rr.com
Thu Jul 27 00:10:25 UTC 2023

Good evening everyone,

                I am getting accustomed to a new phone system at work from
ENA, or Education Networks of America. The new phones have been in operation
since yesterday. The phone software used is called Smart UC Desktop. I have
to use the "soft phone" software when I work from home because I have to
read aloud to a sighted copyholder while I read the braille. In other words,
I am proofreading. So far, though, I have not been able to find Smart UC
Desktop keyboard shortcuts anywhere, and the technology people at work are
not much help, either. There was a Zoom Webinar on the ENA system today, and
the engineer who answered questions said this was the first time anyone
asked about keyboard shortcuts, but was willing to do more research on
finding such shortcuts. In the meantime, I sent feedback to ENA through the
web portal asking them to please include keyboard shortcuts. The only way I
can hang up a call is by pressing Alt-F4 to close the call. I cannot answer
a call yet, and cannot put a call on hold to answer another.

                If any of you have used the ENA Smart UC Desktop software,
please tell me any key commands to press. At least, on site, I can ask
someone what buttons on the regular telephone to press. Your help will be
very much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Mary Donahue