[NFB-Utah] Utah Convention updates April 2017

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Fri Mar 17 18:58:37 UTC 2017

Hello Federationists

We have some updates to the agenda that we want to share with you. and
updates to those who have registered so far.

Our Theme: "A World of Promise & Possibility"

We promise to make this year a year to remember. It is the 60th year of the
NFB of Utah's existence. Come and share with us a world of dreams and you
will be able to imagine a future with limitless possibilities.

To give an update on the registration,

Salt Lake is 4 people ahead of Weber/Davis who is only 1 ahead of the Red
Rock chapter.  Utah Valley chapter,  Strive, Minnesota, and Colorado are
neck and neck, Summit County and Cache Valley are tied with 2 each.

We invite you all to come and experience this Diamond celebration National
Federation of the blind Utah Convention which will be held

Thursday April 13th, 14th & 15th, 2017

At the Marriot Downtown City Creek, in Salt Lake City. 75 South West
Temple, SLC

Please register now for the Hotel and the convention rooms are going fast,

 You can register for both by visiting: www.nfbutah.org

 Special hotel convention rate: ONLY $69 per night!

call 1-800-228-9290

*Last date to reserve a room at this rate is: March 23, 2017

Come celebrate our Diamond anniversary in Utah for this historic gathering.
Here are just a few items to look forward to on the agenda:

• We are              so excited to have Representative Patrice Arent
speaking at our convention. She is the lead sponsor of HB 150 Custody
Rights Amendments for Blind Parents. This Bill passed both the House and
Senate in 2017, and is now awaiting signature from Governor Herbert.

• Newly elected President Dr. Fred K. Schroeder, of The World Blind Union,
(WBU) is the global organization representing the estimated 285 million
people worldwide who are blind or partially sighted.

•              Michael Hingson who serves as a Member of the Advisory Board
at Aira Tech Corp. Mr. Hingson is a blind 9/11 survivor and best-selling
author of Thunder Dog.

To listen to more about Michael Hingson check out this YouTube video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYchp3_H0Wc

•              The Salt Lake City Mayor Jackie Biskupski will be speaking
at our general session on Friday.

•              Completely non-visual, beeping Easter Egg Hunt.

•              Special sessions for parents of blind children, spouses,
college students, and Vocational Rehab counselors.

 •              Information on the latest and best technology for persons
with low vision or blindness.

And Much much more...

Come and join with us and let's build the Federation so we can Live the
Life we want!

Jerry Nealey
www.nfbutah.org