[NFB-Utah] Uber, Lyft and Guide Dog Users Announcements

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Tue May 9 01:53:19 UTC 2017

Hello future and fellow Guide dog Users!

A few weeks ago an email was sent out to you all asking for a good night we
could all get together for a kick off dinner meet and greet! A common date
that was good for everyone is Saturday, May 13th at 6:00 p.m at the cheese
cake factory downtown Salt Lake in City Creek Mall.
I have called and made a reservation for 10 guests. If you would like to
bring your partner or a family member please let me know and I can call to
update the reservation with the restaurant.
I am looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks!
Best,
Tina Haskin
Phone: 630-335-2280

The Uber and Lyft testing program is open to all NFB members and nonmembers
nationwide. Riders with service animals or individuals traveling with
riders with service animals are asked to complete the following online
questionnaire promptly after requesting and/or completing a ride with Uber
or Lyft: https://nfb.org/rideshare-test.

This testing tool will be used to measure not only ride cancellations and
denials, but also whether a driver appeared to understand his or her
obligations to provide equal access and to not discriminate as per the
protections provided by the Americans with Disabilities Act. Specifically,
testers will provide the following information via the online
questionnaire.
Uber and Lyft Testing Questions
• Rider’s name
• Email
• Date ride was ordered
• Time ride was ordered
• Address for pick up
• Driver’s name
• Did the rider alert the driver of his/her service animal prior to the
ride?
• Did the driver appear to be unaware of his/her responsibility to
transport riders with service animals?
• Was the ride denied?
• How was a complaint filed regarding the denial (e.g., using website, app,
or complaint hotline)?
• Was the rider treated disrespectfully during the ride (e.g., threatened,
harassed, ridiculed, or provided inferior service because of the presence
of a service animal)?
• How was a complaint filed regarding the driver’s disrespectful behavior
(e.g., using website, app, or complaint hotline)?
• Was the rider charged a cleaning fee because of his/her service animal?
• Did the rider encounter any accessibility barriers with the rideshare
service’s app or website?
Please note that the Lyft agreement contemplates that the NFB will conduct
targeted testing in predetermined metropolitan areas. Those areas are
Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Dallas-Fort Worth, Denver, Los Angeles, New
York, Nashville, Phoenix, Philadelphia, San Francisco, Sacramento, Seattle,
and the District of Columbia. NFB’s testing reports to Lyft will be built
around the experiences of riders in these cities. That does not mean,
however, that we don’t want to hear from Lyft riders outside of those
cities. The testing tool is not restricted by geographic area, and we
welcome Uber and Lyft testing across all affiliates. I’m pleased to note
that the testing tool will also be available in Spanish.
NFB’s testing program will open on May 8, 2017. If you are an Uber or Lyft
customer who has a service animal or travels with someone who has a service
animal, I strongly encourage you to participate in the testing program.
Please know that the NFB’s feedback to Lyft and Uber will only be as strong
as the data we gather from testers. Please plan to join us on May 8 and for
the duration of our testing program!

Marnie West is the contact person for Utah if you need to contact her her
information is below.
Cell: 801-505-2688

Jerry Nealey
Hotline 801-info-nfb (801-632-6632)