[NFB-Utah] Upcoming meet the blind month activities

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:37:18 UTC 2017

the Weber-Davis chapter fundraiser
Thursday October 26th
5pm to 7pm
Layton Chick-Fil-A.  651 West Antelope Dr, Layton

The Salt Lake chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Utah
invites you to celebrate
Meet the Blind Month with two unique family-friendly activities. Tickets
are available and one event does have a seating limit. Read on for more
details.
Chili Cook-off
When: Saturday, October 28, 2017 from noon to 2:00 PM
Where: DSBVI 250 North 1950 West, Salt Lake
This event will feature chefs from our chapter showing off their culinary
skills in hopes of winning your vote for best chili. If you would like to
enter your cuisine, please reach out to Jennifer Kennedy at
msjenniferkennedy at gmail.com or by phone at 330-465-6245 for more details.

Not a foodie? Don’t worry.  Come dressed in your Halloween costume and
compete for Best Costume 2017! For additional details, including a
description of your costume, please reach out to Deja Powell at
deja.powell at gmail.com.
We will discuss alternative cooking techniques and feature some other
talents from our chapter members. Keep watching your email for more details.
The cost for the event is $10 per person or $25 per family. Half the
proceeds will benefit our affiliates in Puerto Rico and Texas who are in
need after this year’s hurricane season.

“DO You Dream In Color?” Screening
When: Sunday, October 29, 2017, from 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
Where: University of Utah, Union Theater
Bring your family and friends to a free movie night and help educate them
on how blind people live the lives they want. This award-winning
documentary features four blind teenagers who set out to prove that
blindness is not what holds them back. Winner of a 2017 Dr. Jacob Bolotin
award, the National Federation of the Blind of Utah is proud to offer this
screening free of charge to the public. There are only
100 tickets available, so be sure to get yours in advance so you don’t miss
out. Please contact Jennifer Kennedy at msjenniferkennedy at gmail.com for
ticket requests or other questions.

Jerry Nealey
Hotline 801-info-nfb (801-632-6632)