[NFB-Utah] November Salt Lake Chapter Meeting

Nfb of Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 04:44:01 UTC 2018

Location:

DSBVI/Blind Center

250 N. 1950 W. SLC, Utah

Green Line TRAX to 1940 West Stop

11:00 am: Welcome and Introductions. Chapter President, Deja Powell

11:15 am: Presidential Release from our NFB National President, Mark
Riccobono.

11:30 am: Report from our NFBU State President: Everette Bacon

11:35 am: Treasurer's report: Mark Turley

11:40 am: Discussion: Lucas Atkinson

11:55 am: Ten Minute Tech: Karl Smith

12:05 pm: Fun with Fundraising: Ken Duke

12:15 pm: Break (if time permits).

12:25 pm: Upcoming Chapter Events-Deja Powell

12:30 pm: Blind Gamer: A New World for Blind Video Game Enthusiasts: Teron
Vining, blind gamer.

12:40 pm: Gangster Wrapper: Learn how to wrap gifts (and not just throwing
them in a bag). Other holiday tips and tricks.

12:55 pm: Conclusion and door prize drawing.

SLC Chapter Upcoming Events and Activities

December 15, 2018: Breakfast with Santa, Chapter Christmas Event at DSBVI
from 10 am-Noon. *$5 per person-included breakfast from Waffle Luv.

January 19, 2019: Chapter Meeting, DSBVI *Note: This is not on our typical
4thSaturday due to Washington Seminar.

January 28-31, 2019: Washington Seminar, Washington, DC

February 23, 2019: Chapter Meeting at DSVBI, Chapter Elections.

March 23, 2019: Chapter Meeting.

March 31, 2019: Deadline for both state and national scholarships.

April 11, 12, 13, 2019: State convention at the Sheraton Hotel in downtown
SLC.

July 7-12, 2019: 2019 National Convention, Las Vegas, NV

The Bees Knees: Helpful Information

Free White Cane Program:

Follow this link to receive a free white cane: https://freecane.nfb.org//

NFBU Scholarships:

Deadline: March 31, 2018

Link to apply: http://www.nfbutah.org/info/?page_id=490

Make a Donation to the National Federation of the Blind of Utah:

Link:https://www.paypal.com/donate/?token=D_NYV8MxARVL0xR_2RoMhRuruJ2gqtm-LR
EKXCXr6rMAQeQSEwW6riKrESwDH_tAm1apnW&country.x=US&locale.x=US