[NFB-Utah] concerning the Chapter baskets-Affiliate Auction and donations for the state convention

Nfb of Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:01:59 UTC 2019

Fellow Federationists,

>From April 11-13, 2019 the Utah affiliate of the National Federation of the
Blind will be hosting our 62nd Annual Convention; where, during the Luncheon
on Saturday, April 13th, the majority of items donated will be auctioned.
Please attend all general sessions and the banquet; you never know when an
auction item might be presented. To make this event as exciting and
extraordinary as we hope, we will need your help!

Please consider supporting the National Federation of the Blind of Utah by
donating new or unused gift certificates, merchandise, or services. In
continuation of last year's auction, we are grouping auction items as
follows:

1. Chapter Basket(s): A great tradition here in the state of Utah.

2. Handcrafted: Many of our chapters have talented crafters and artists that
we hope to showcase.

3. Utah Eats: An item that is consumable, such as chocolate or baked items.

4. Technology

Your donation is tax deductible, and I would be happy to provide our Tax ID
number upon request.

In raising funds for the NFB of Utah through the affiliate auction, donated
items need to have monetary value. Under no circumstances will we accept
expired, damaged, or opened items including but not limited to: used
technology; pantry foods; hotel toiletries; or items better suited for a
garage sale. We will accept homemade, unique, boutique, and themed foods
assuming they are not expired, damaged, and/or opened. If you have questions
or concerns about a possible item, please feel free to contact me at (330)
389-1472 or djashman2007 at gmail.com. It is at the discretion of the auction
team to reject donations that are not suitable for resale.

Please be in contact with your chapter president if you have an item you
would like to donate to the chapter basket or on the chapter's behalf. I
will also accept donations from individuals, but want to make sure each
chapter is aware of what sorts of items they already have in hand. You may
either bring the item to the convention, or you may contact me to arrange a
time to drop it off with an Auction team member.

Due to the popularity of the affiliate auction, we will once again have a
viewing room where individuals can place their pre-bid prior to the live
auction.  Due to time constraints the affiliate will be limiting the live
auction to a maximum of 50 items.  Each chapter of the NFB of Utah is
guaranteed 5 item slots for chapter themed baskets and/or items. If we
receive adequate auctions items in excess of 50 items, there will be
earmarked items set aside as silent auction items; these items will sell to
the highest bidder at the end of the pre-bid timeframe, Friday night.

In order to get the best presentation of our auction items during the
luncheon, I am requesting descriptions and a suggested starting bid be sent
to me ahead of time. This will allow the auction team to streamline the
process. All descriptions should be sent to me at djashman2007 at gmail.com by
Wednesday, April 3, 2019. We will be happy to accept items without
descriptions as well as at the convention (deadline for acceptance is noon
on Friday, April 12, 2019), but please be advised these items may not be as
adequately described as you would like.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.  Thank you in
advance and your continued generosity will help fund the movement of blind
Utahns to "Live the Life they Want".

Cordially,

Daniel Ashman and Auction Team