[NFB-Utah] National Convention Info

Nfb of Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 22:40:09 UTC 2019

Fellow Federationists, especially National Convention Attendees!

We are just a week away from our National Family Reunion! The National
Convention begins Sunday, July 7 and culminates with the banquet on Friday,
July 12. The NFB of Utah is expected to have over 100 convention attendees,
provided everyone who attends gets registered. So if you are attending and
have not yet pre-registered, you can do so beginning at 9am on Monday, July
8. Please help Utah break the 100 mark by getting registered! If you are a
veteran and have attended many conventions in the past, please help mentor a
new convention attendee from Utah. I will be providing a list of names of
folks I know attending this year's convention in an attachment to this
email.

If you are a first time convention attendee, there are a few items on the
agenda you will want to pay attention to! I will also be providing a link at
the end of this message to the convention agenda. But please consider
attending the rookie roundup on Sunday evening July 7. Also, please consider
attending the Resolutions committee meeting on Monday, July 8, and the Board
of Directors meeting on Tuesday, July 9! The general sessions where we are
all together sitting with our state begins on Wed. July 10.

Traditionally, the NFB of Utah does not hold a caucus meeting for our state
attendees. We do have many members who have great experience attending
conventions, and will be able to help anyone who has questions. I will
provide some names and phone numbers of members you can reach out to if you
need anything.

We will be attending a banquet on Friday evening, and when you pick up your
registration materials on Monday, July 8, you will be given a banquet ticket
for exchange. The NFB of Utah typically sits together at various tables
close together at the banquet. In order for us to get these tables close
together, I will need to collect everyone's tickets and exchange them. I
would like to do this on Wed. Morning or afternoon. This means I will need
to have all tickets collected by the Wed. Morning session.

Wendy Bybee has offered to help me with this. Wendy will be sitting near the
front of the stage during the Board of Directors meeting on Tuesday, July 9.
I will be on stage during the meeting. Wendy will be able to collect any
tickets you may have. Please make sure to put your name on the back of the
ticket. Please indicate to Wendy if there is someone you want to sit with,
please indicate to Wendy and dietary issues you might have.

All tickets must be turned in by Noon on Wed to myself or Wendy. If we do
not have your ticket, we will not be able to guarantee your seat with us for
the banquet. So, please help us and get us your ticket asap!

The convention is an awesome experience and I look so forward to seeing many
of you next week in Las Vegas! Please have a wonderful weekend and please
let me know if you have any questions!

Yours in the Movement,

Everette Bacon

President, NFB of Utah

Members to reach out to for mentoring:

Everette Bacon 801-631-8108.

Cheralyn Creer 801-651-5504

Karl Smith - 801-652-5285

Mark Turley - 801-44-=4770

Willie Black - 801-450-2254

Deja Powell - 801-891-3430

Jennifer Kennedy - 330-465-6245

Yadiel Sotomayor - 318-278=9881

Helen Eckman - 907-631-2707

Any of these Board members will be able to help you should you have any
questions! Once again, I look so forward to seeing all of you at our family
reunion!

www.nfb.org/convention

Everette Bacon

President

National Federation of the Blind of Utah

www.nfbutah.org