[NFB-Utah] DSBVI COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE

Nfb Utah nfbutah at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 13:14:19 UTC 2019

Utah Division of Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired and the Utah
State Library for the Blind

COMMUNITY OPEN HOUSE

We invite ALL to learn more about the services we provide for blind,
visually impaired and Deafblind individuals living in our community.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 11 a.m. – 4 p.m.

250 North 1950 West, Suite B, Salt Lake City

11a.m. – 12:50 p.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Tours of all services PLUS: Vendor
and consumer group trainings on Victor Reader Stream, BARD and iPhone apps

1 p.m. – 2 p.m.: Program with speakers and door prizes

Keynote Speaker: Corinna Trujillo Tanner “Reframing Our Expectations of Our
Potential” Corinna is a blind health educator at the Moran Eye Center, a
full-time faculty member at BYU’s College of Nursing and a published
researcher.

Training Sessions iPhone Training:​ 11:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.: Technology
experts for the blind will share their favorite features and apps on the
iPhone. Ride Sharing, Seeing Ai, Moovit and built-in accessibility features
will be demonstrated. Bring your questions!

BARD Training: ​11:30 a.m. ​– 12:30 p.m.: ​Library staff will give a brief
overview of the various devices that support the BARD app and answer
questions. Participants are encouraged to bring their own devices (victor,
smart phones, and tablets).

Victor Reader Stream: 2:30 p.m. ​– 3:30 p.m.: Library staff will give a
brief overview of services available using the Victor Stream: BARD,
Newsline, Podcasts, Internet Radio, Audible, etc. As time permits, they
will take questions as requested by the group.

NOTICE: You must RSVP for the trainings and tours to Kara Campbell at
801-323-4357 or karacampbell at utah.gov

--
National Federation of the Blind of Utah
Hotline 801-info-nfb (801-463-6632)