[NFB-Utah] September 30, 2021 NOPBC Thursday Webinar

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 03:29:28 UTC 2021

Hello,

The National Organization of Parents of Blind Children Division would like to invite those across Utah to participate in the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children’s September webinar, on September 30, 2021 @ 7 pm Eastern Time, 5 pm Mountain Time

This is open to anyone whom is interested.

Please share to family members, parents, educators, healthcare providers, administrators, and any others who may be interested.

Webinar registration is open:

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_aS-f8XtEQnSK4nIuMVONtQ

September 2021 NOPBC Thursday Webinar:

The Practice of Consent and Boundaries Throughout the Lifespan

Sep 30, 2021 07:00 PM

Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join us as we discuss the daily practice that empowers individuals, families, schools, and communities to grow together.

This session is geared toward blind and sighted adolescents and adults, parents, and family members, as well as anyone who works with blind individuals in educational, healthcare, and professional settings.

Panelists:

Bobbi Pompey
Danielle Montour
Lisamaria Martinez

Registration is required.
This webinar will be recorded.
Door prizes will only be available to those attending via zoom.
Please share with any who may be interested.

Content Warning:

This webinar addresses consent and boundaries, in the setting of the awareness of sensitive topics regarding misconduct in the blind community.
This is an educational discussion to learn about physical, mental, and emotional consent and how consent looks based on developmental stages. This is not a platform to share one's past traumatic events.

As the parents’ division in the leading civil rights organization of the blind in the United States, every day we work toward equity, equality, enriching experiences in our blind community. We thank the brave survivors for sharing their stories during a recent movement under the hashtag #MarchingTogether. We are committed to learning how to better support survivors and victims, prevent future instances through fostering a culture of consent within our communities, and empower individuals to address systemic issues of this nature.

The NFB’s Safety & Support Initiative:
 <https://nfb.org/programs-services/safety-and-support> https://nfb.org/programs-services/safety-and-support

We appreciate each of you and want to express our gratitude to you for being willing to have these ongoing discussions with us.

Best,

Sarah Erb
President, Utah Parents of Blind Children
2nd Vice President, National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
slcerb at gmail.com <mailto:slcerb at gmail.com>