[NFB-Utah] Join us Friday, October 1: Presidential Release and Blind Equality Achievement Month

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 03:01:29 UTC 2021

Let's Celebrate Blind Equality Achievement Month

Remember history. Advance equality. Celebrate accomplishments. October is
Blind Equality Achievement Month. The National Federation of the Blind knows
the true capacity of blind people, and we confront the misconceptions that
create barriers to our dreams-including our career aspirations and
employment goals. Here are some things to expect and take advantage of
during the month of October: employment, independence, and more.

Attend the Presidential Release, October 1, at Noon Eastern

Join President Mark Riccobono for the monthly presidential release of the
National Federation of the Blind. Members of the Federation are encouraged
to attend and non-members are warmly welcomed. Submit questions in advance
to cdanielsen at nfb.org
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23096&qid=6005857>  and put "PR509"
in the subject line, or call 410-659-9314, extension 2473. Please send in
questions about employment topics. Attend this kickoff to Blind Equality
Achievement Month, Friday, October 1, 2021 at 12:00 p.m. (noon) Eastern,
viaZoom (CC and Spanish available). Learn how to access the October
Presidential Release
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23097&qid=6005857> .

#BlindMonth Activities Across the Country

National Federation of the Blind affiliates, chapters, and divisions are
hosting activities all month long. Coordinators, please send in your events
to web at nfb.org <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23098&qid=6005857>  to
have them posted on https://nfb.org/blind-month
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23111&qid=6005857> .
Share the Courtesy Rules of Blindness
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23099&qid=6005857>  with your friends
and family.
Drop into a fall state convention
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23100&qid=6005857> .
Stay tuned for more details on an upcoming gift matching opportunity.

Where the Blind Work Webinar

Thursday, October 14 at 8 p.m. Eastern | Join us as we celebrate the work
and accomplishments of blind and low-vision people with a panel discussion.
Hear about what a typical day looks like, discover elements that prepare for
career success, learn about alternative techniques and strategies used to do
these jobs, as well as how to advocate for accommodations on the job.
Register for the webinar today
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23101&qid=6005857> .

White Cane Awareness Day

The National Federation of the Blind celebrates White Cane Awareness Day
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23102&qid=6005857>  every year on
October 15. For blind people, the white cane is an essential tool that gives
us the ability to achieve a full and independent life. It allows us to move
freely and safely from place to place-whether it's at work, at school, or
around our neighborhoods.

Social Media Request: Send in Your Memory Minute on Mentorship & Employment

For many, the mentorship among members is key to living the lives we want.
We empower each other every day. The National Federation of the Blind is
asking for members to post on social media one-minute videos of members
talking about the value of mentorship and employment during Blind Equality
Achievement Month. Using the hashtag #BlindMonth, share the positive impact
that mentors within the Federation have had on your life and how
opportunities to earn equal wages and other aspects of employment are
valuable to you.

About Blind Equality Achievement Month

Formerly known as Meet the Blind Month, the National Federation of the Blind
celebrates the organized blind movement during October. Throughout the
month, our members conduct a variety of outreach activities in their local
communities. Learn more at https://nfb.org/blind-month
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23103&qid=6005857> .

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23104&qid=6005857>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23104&qid=6005857>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23105&qid=6005857>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23106&qid=6005857>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23107&qid=6005857>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23108&qid=6005857>

 <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23109&qid=6005857>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314

Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=17737&qid=6005857&h
=45ac5ed0d018b16b>  | OptOut
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=17737&qid=6005857&h=45ac
5ed0d018b16b>  |  Sign Up for Our E-newsletter
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23110&qid=6005857>

200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States..