[NFB-Utah] White Cane Walk with Mayor of SLC

nfbutah at gmail.com nfbutah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 05:32:29 UTC 2022

Fellow Federationists and Friends of the NFB of Utah!

In honor of White Cane Awareness Day, Mayor Erin Mendenhall of Salt Lake City will be signing a proclamation recognizing White Cane Awareness Day and will participate in a White Cane Walk with members of the blind community. This will take place on Friday, October 14 at approximately 11am. We will be meeting at the City and County Building located on 451 S. State Street. This is a large area also called Washington Square. All are invited, so if you are able to come, please do so. I expect the event to last a little more then an hour. This event is in conjunction with the Division of Services for the Blind and the Utah Council of the Blind.

Bring your white cane or your guide dog and help us represent that blind people do live the life they want!