[NFB-VT] NFB of Vermont: Let's Ask Senator Sanders to Cosponsor S. 212

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Tue Mar 8 00:00:35 UTC 2022

Fellow Blind Vermonters:

As we all know, access technology is extremely expensive. It is out of reach for most of us to buy on our own. The NFB has been trying to pass a bill that will help us afford access technology by giving us a refundable tax credit to offset the cost.

Senator Leahy and Congressman Welch are both cosponsors already. If we can just get Senator Sanders to cosponsor, it will make a world of difference. Senator Sanders is also the chair of a committee that will handle this bill, so he is extra important.

If you could please send an email like this one to Billy Gendell, the Legislative Director for Senator Sanders, asking him to cosponsor, that would increase the chance that Senator Sanders does cosponsor S. 212.

If you send an email, please copy Justin Salisbury President at Alumni.ECU.edu<mailto:President at Alumni.ECU.edu>, Susan Bellimer friendunicorn3 at gmail.com<mailto:friendunicorn3 at gmail.com>, and Jeff Kaloc jkaloc at nfb.org<mailto:jkaloc at nfb.org>.

Feel free to copy and paste what I wrote, but don't tell them that you live in the Old North End of Burlington unless you actually do. If you do, we need to meet up, neighbor!

Thank you! If you have any questions, please let me know!

Justin