[Nfb-web] [BW] Linking to Wordpress Blog

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 31 11:54:42 UTC 2008

On 31/12/08 07:24, Peter Donahue wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I created a Wordpress Blog and want to link it to a Web Site. Below is
> the URL I used and the message I received when I attempted to access the
> blog from the site in question. Here they are:
> http://nabslink.org/wp-app.php

http://nabslink.org/wp-app.php doesn't seem a likely root URL for a blog.

Indeed, wp-app.php appears to be a not-so-nice URL for an Atom feed for
the blog:

http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/wp-app.php

> How do I find the link to the
> public-facing page.

This depends on how you configured WordPress when you installed it:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

My guess about what happened is that Wordpress has been installed in the
root directory and that the root file for the blog is therefore index.php:

http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/trunk/index.php

index.php is redirecting to the root URL of the blog
(http://nabslink.org/), so you don't want search engines indexing absurd
URLs like index.php. But there's already a homepage there, probably in
index.html and the server is inferring that it should display that.

I think your problem is you installed WordPress in the root directory
rather than a subdirectory like blog.

I'd aim for reinstalling it at:

http://nabslink.org/blog/

--