[Nfb-web] Agenda for Webmasters

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 11 19:25:12 UTC 2009

Hello Suzie and listers,

    There's always the Washington Seminar though I think more people would
attend if it was held  during the national convention. Assuming we go back
to the former convention schedule the workshop could be held on the
afternoon and in the evening of tour day to clear the early part of the week
for folks to attend other convention activities. Assuming we do this jointly
with the NFB Writers' Division their normal workshop held on seminar day
would be replaced by the Webmasters Workshop giving folks one less meeting
to chase. I can tell you that there is lots of interest among members of the
Writers' Division as to how to write and format content for display on Web
sites. I have been asked to write articles on this very subject for their
newsletter Slate and Style. For those who don't know about our Writers
Division visit:
http://www.nfb-writers-division.org
for additional information.
    We could also record the workshop an make it public available along with
downloadable materials and samples on the NFB Webmasters Web Site to benefit
those who were unable to attend the workshop or for those wanting to refresh
their knowledge and skills as Web developers. There's also the possibility
of our group holding monthly teleconferences for those wanting to discuss
various aspects of Web site design and management. Several other affiliates
and divisions do this so why not the Webmasters Group consider holding such
teleconferences. All the best.

Peter Donahue

Still another idea would be to hold