[Nfb-web] online event registration

Michael Hansen mhansen4 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 03:44:25 UTC 2009

John,

I will be straight with you. I was pressured for to do online registration
for a few years before we actually offered it. People get picky when it
comes to money so you need a sure fire way to link your payments to actual
registrations.

I kept hearing that such in such state or division is doing it why can't we.
I finally found the following website.

http://www.expressplanner.com/

This site allows you to setup a convention registration system and have the
funds go into a paypal account. It worked pretty well the 2 years we used
it. There were a few quarks but if you kept you eye on it, it worked OK. We
used version 2.0 they are now up to version 3.0. I don't know how they have
improved upon it.

Now that we have switched to Drupal for our website we are using Ubercart
for our convention registration system. We are able to create a purchasible
item called "2009 NE State Convention Registration". It allows us to collect
all the necessary info and most importantly link each registration to a
payment.

Mike
---
Mike Hansen